Provides important information quickly & easily
- Browser can drill down from SYSPLEX to data sets
- Includes pre-defined queries
- Easy access to SCC Monitor functions, MVS commands, TSO commands, system utilities and third-party software products
Modernisation & Management Tool
- GUI format with drill down capability
- Visual Aid – provides charting & graphic printing
- Query/Reports provides real time & historical data
- Ease of use for management and staff
- Direct connection to z/OS host
- Exports data to relational database or spreadsheet for further analysis
- Multiple workstation simultaneous access
- Selection criteria for data retrieval
- Flexible output – printer, window, disk
The original design for SCC Monitor included a PC based GUI application that
used a database tier to provide access to both real-time and historical storage
management information. DTS tackled this last phase of the Monitor project, and
created the first version of SCC Explorer using Java. Unfortunately, the first design was overly complicated and we learned that Java is not well suited for developing and maintaining GUI applications.
The current release of SCC Monitor includes a new Windows-based version of SCC Explorer. By default, the new application uses a two-tiered implementation – the PC GUI application makes requests directly to the mainframe-based Monitor. If an installation requires a lot of historical information about the storage subsystem, or needs to run frequent complex queries, an optional database tier can be easily added.
After years of hard work, the SCC Monitor and SCC Explorer products now have the polish of a mature software product. They are easy to install and rarely require customisation. If updates or changes are necessary, the rules language in Monitor and the scripts used by the Explorer allow easy enhancements.
Note: The a full-featured version of SCC Explorer is bundled with SCC Monitor. When installed without Monitor, the Explorer runs in a limited mode.